A cutting-edge cloud-based endpoint anti-malware solution integrated with Tivoli Endpoint Manager (TEM).IBM announced a major update to Tivoli Endpoint Manager for Core Protection (TEM-CP), an integrated anti-malware and firewall product for Windows and Mac computers.Note that TEM for Core Protection is the updated name for what was formerly referred to as the BigFix Core Protection Module (CPM).
IBM Tivoli Endpoint Manager for Core Protection V10.5 delivers real-time protection from malware and other vulnerabilities via capabilities such as file and web reputation, virtualization awareness, and behavior monitoring.
It protects physical and virtual endpoints from damage caused by malware and other vulnerabilities and reduces the business disruptions resulting from endpoint attacks. TEM-CP represents a close collaboration between IBM and Trend Micro that has enabled IBM to deliver a deep integration of Trend's anti-malware engine which is completely managed by the TEM Console.Tivoli Endpoint Manager for Core Protection stops threats before they arrive by checking files, URLs and emails for malicious potential in real time.
Major features in this release of TEM include:
- OfficeScan engine update : The Core Protection anti-malware and firewall engine has been updated to leverage Trend Micro's latest engine, OfficeScan v10.5.
- Improved reporting and workflow : New views such as the Protection Status Dashboard provide at-a-glance status of critical metrics and Core Protection services, providing remediation steps in the same view.A single console provides the ability to manage all the endpoints along with a complete visibility to all the endpoints.
- Cloud-based "Smart Scanning" : Support for Trend Micro's cloud-based Smart Protection Network has now been expanded to include file reputation, adding to the existing web reputation capabilities available in previous versions of the product. This industry-leading technology results in significantly lower signature sizes and correspondingly lower client resource requirements, as the majority of threat information is stored in the cloud.This cloud-based protection model provides improved threat detection capabilities, and has been proven through independent 3rd-party AV testing organizations to perform significantly better than other vendors in the AV market. It cross-references threat information with a large, cloud-based database created by Trend Micro and continuously updated by Trend Micro's Smarter Network Protection.
|Tivoli Endpoint Manager for Core Protection stops threats before they arrive by checking files, URLs and emails for malicious potential in real time - Source IBM|
- Virtualization Awareness : Integration with Citrix XenDesktop and VMWare View enables automatic serialization of AV scans to avoid AV storms that occur when many guests on the same physical server kick-off scans at the same time.This virtualization awareness enables organizations to increase the ROI from virtualization investments by allowing for a higher density of guests on a physical host.
- Behavior Monitoring : Monitors processes and applications for suspicious behaviors and safeguards the Core Protection client.For example monitoring the use of USB drives or external massage storage devices to change the registry.On triggering of such events auto-blocking feature is also provided.
- Superior malware protection : The solution guards against the full range of malware and scans POP3 email and Microsoft Outlook folders for threats. It automatically cleans endpoints of malware, including rootkits, spyware,processes and registry entries that are hidden or locked.
- File reputation : It prevents users from opening infected files or documents by determining the safety of a file. It provides file protection on or off the network , thus reducing the impact on the endpoint and increasing its performance.
- Improved Web reputation : Today millions of websites are rated dynamically for their usage security. Many websites are known to be harmful for your computer as they are phising websites or malware affected. In order to protect endpoints against web-based malware, data loss and lost productivity, web reputation feature provides real-time protection regardless of connection type (intranet or Internet connected) and can improve web performance with its cloud-based synchronization.
This is an excellent product to be looked upon by companies looking for PC life cycle management and endpoint protection together.