1. Find or Discover a machine and install an operating system
2. Install necessary device drivers, middleware, and applications/softwares
3. Configure the machine with proper network ,firewall , access control , storage settings etc.
4. Get machine working on the company's network. (might involve domain enrollment,registration)
5. Audit the system as per the checklist or minimum standards prescribed by the company policies.
Goal: All machines should be in a state where employees can work and get their workdone.
This ensures that the employee spends more time doing their work and not configuring the computer.
Related Article : Computer Provisioning